Set goals and spot emerging sales trends while you still have time to adjust for them.
- Set revenue targets based on the month’s average total, giving yourself more reasonable and dynamic goals to hit.
- Identify emerging negative trends and adjust your promotional efforts, merchandising, and staffing to correct before it is too late.
- Identify emerging growth trends while there is still time to maximize them through additional purchasing or staffing.
Proactively create long-term strategies for promotion and purchases.
- Spot the months when your business starts to slow down and plan promotions accordingly. Schedule special events to bring different customers in during these slow periods.
- Alternately, understand the months when you can do store cleanings or overhauls, as they are generally slow periods anyway.
Vacation with confidence.
- Take time off when you know the store will be slower, and can be less staffed. Make this decision with the confidence of years of data.